Saturday, March 7, 2015

Whey Protein Smoothie Recipe

Whey protein is an amazing source of nutrition. It contains compounds that are highly building and immune enhancing. If that was not enough it is an excellent way to lose weight because it has the ability to shut off the hunger center in the brain.

Make sure to avoid most commercial brands since they often contain toxic sweeteners and preservatives.  Many of them are also created with high temperatures which destroy the whey.

My favorite brand is Whey Factors. It is the most quality brand that I know of and is the one I personally use.

Add about 2-3 oz of water into a blender.
Add 1 scoop of chocolate Whey Factors Whey Protein
Add one frozen banana (freeze banana overnight)
1/4 teaspoon vitamin c powder or 1 teaspoon Camu powder
sprinkle in some cinnamon powder.
Add a handful of raw walnuts and unsalted raw peanuts.
1 Tablespoon virgin coconut oil (I like adding udo's oil blend and coconut oil)

* I like my shake thick like the consistency of a thick milk shake.

Blend and Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment